Poetry manuscript evaluation includes a look at the following areas:
- Synopsis, target audience (can it sell?)
- Setting (time and place, is it correct?)
- Voice (consistency, narration, etc.)
- Imagery and Symbolism
- Style and Stylistic Devices
- Themes (are they relevant to the target audience?)
- Quality of content (how well structured, imaginative, and intriguing)
- Language (how appealing is it?)
- Strengths and weaknesses of the manuscript.
- Recommendations (how can it be improved based on the weaknesses?)
- Is it publishable?