OFFERING THE MOST AFFORDABLE BOOK EDITING SOLUTION FOR SELF-PUBLISHED AUTHORS
Our editors offer great value book editing, proofreading, and manuscript assessment services for authors.
Our editors edit manuscripts using the track changes function of Microsoft Word. This function allows you to move easily between changes and accept any or all of the modifications proposed by the editor. Suggestions and comments are shown in the margin and are easy to accept into your work.
We return two copies of your work—a track changes version and a clean copy with all the changes already incorporated.
Minimum number of words is 20,000; this means that if your manuscript is less than 20,000 words long, we will charge based on the minimum number of words.
CHOOSE THE EDITING SERVICE YOU NEED:
Mystery Premium Editing
- An intensive structural line copy editing to fine-tune language, flow of ideas, transition, tone, and style besides copyediting:
- Correction of awkward constructions and suggestions to make sentences crisper and tighter by fixing redundancy.
- Review of key aspects of the manuscript—the narrative, vocabulary, structure, characterization, style, and development.
- Cut down on wordiness and tighten the language to create a more enjoyable read.
- Check for and correct errors in grammar, spelling, syntax, and punctuation.
- Check for technical consistency in spelling, capitalization, font usage, numerals, hyphenation, etc.
- Check for continuity errors and make sure that all loose ends are tied.
- Factual checks.
- Check for potential legal liability/if the content is libellous.
- Checks for inconsistency within the story. This includes character description, plot points, and setting.
- Check for language use.
Mystery Lite Editing
- Check for quality before the book is published.
- Check and ensure there are no omissions or missing pages.
- Correct awkward word or page breaks.
- Check for typos, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ensure consistent of the whole text:-
- Tone and style
- Flow of ideas/story
- Faulty parallelism and homophones
- Varied use of vocabulary
- Word choice and diction
- Eliminate any unnecessary adjectives and adverbs
- Formatting, presentation, font and size changes
- Correct inconsistent spelling, page numbering, or hyphenations.
Mystery Custom Editing
Poetry & Children’s Books Editing
Based on Minimum of 5,000 words
- Proofreading – Ksh.1.80 (US$0.018) per word
All printed books
- Minimum of 100 pages for fiction, non-fiction, and poetry books.
- Check spelling and grammar.
- Check plot inconsistencies.
- Check inconsistencies in design and layout.
- Ensure the printed books meets production standards.