OFFERING THE MOST AFFORDABLE BOOK EDITING SOLUTION FOR SELF-PUBLISHED AUTHORS
Our editors offer great value book editing, proofreading, and manuscript assessment services for authors.
Our editors edit manuscripts using the track changes function of Microsoft Word. This function allows you to move easily between changes and accept any or all of the modifications proposed by the editor. Suggestions and comments are shown in the margin and are easy to accept into your work.
We return two copies of your work—a track changes version and a clean copy with all the changes already incorporated.
Minimum number of words is 20,000; this means that if your manuscript is less than 20,000 words long, we will charge based on the minimum number of words.
CHOOSE THE EDITING SERVICE YOU NEED:
Mystery Premium Editing
- Pre-edit consultation with your editor to ensure they’re clear on your goals for the book
- Reviewing the entire structure of your book based on those goals
- Ensuring that your tone is consistent throughout the manuscript
- Reworking areas of your manuscript to improve the clarity, flow and structure, or your book’s argument
- Check for inconsistency within the story. This includes character description, plot points, and setting
- Removing unnecessary or repetitive text/redundancy
- Making recommendations on how you can create a more compelling argument by adding evidence and examples, extending certain areas, creating more clarity, etc.
- Correcting all of your spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax, and typos
- Explanation of all changes, with the opportunity to discuss them should you find it necessary
- Fine-tuning/tightening language, the flow of ideas, transition, tone, and style i.e. correction of awkward constructions and suggestions to make sentences crisper and tighter by fixing redundancy
- Review of key aspects of the manuscript—the narrative, vocabulary, structure, characterisation, style, and development
- Check for technical consistency in spelling, capitalisation, font usage, numerals, hyphenation, etc.
- Check for continuity errors and make sure that all loose ends are tied.
- Factual checks.
- Check for potential legal liability/if the content is libellous.
Mystery Moderate Editing
- Review your book for readability and flow, and rework sentences and paragraphs for clarity
- Correcting your spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Correcting your typos
- Improving sentence structure for flow, persuasiveness, and consistency.