Fiction and non-fiction manuscript evaluation includes a look at the following areas:
- Synopsis, target audience (can it sell?)
- Characters (are they well built and developed?)
- Setting (time and place, is it correct?)
- Plot (flow, transition, etc.)
- Voice (consistency, narration, etc.)
- Narrative Arc
- Themes (are they relevant to the target audience?)
- Quality of content (how well structured, imaginative, and intriguing)
Language (how appealing is it?)
- Strengths and weaknesses of the manuscript.
- Recommendations (how can it be improved based on the weaknesses?)
- Is it publishable?