One (1) Revision
|Two (2) Revisions||
Three (3) Revisions
Ksh.70 ($0.70 USS per page
|Ksh.119 ($1.19 USD) per page||
Ksh.202 ($2.02 USD) per page
We offer interior book design services for fiction manuscripts (novels, short stories, anthologies, flash fiction, etc). We will give advice on font type, style, and typography. We will make your book as appealing as possible—decorative fonts, fleurons, dropcap, etc—to complement the story. Minimum number of pages is 80; books less than 80 pages will be charged based on the number of pages.
This price is for individuals, corporate entities and businesses shall be given a different quote.
PLEASE: Submit your manuscript fully edited, we allow only one revision; additional edits are charged.
- Files: Submit your text via email in editable format (MS Word—.doc, .docx, .rtf) and any other material like charts or photos in JPEG or PNG.
- Instructions: Provide any styling input you want to have on your book. This might be an extract from a book you like or a description of the look and feel you want for your material.
- Trim size: If you have a preferred trim size for your book say so, otherwise we will use standard industry sizes for your book. Click here to download Mystery Publishers Manuscript Prep Guide to read more about standard industry book sizes.
- Binding: Tell us how your pages will be held together—paperback or hardback, sewn or glued. We will then ensure the design includes adequate binding margin.
- Colourspace: Let us know if you decide to print B&W or colour. Designing your book in colour can make it look fabulous but keep in mind it may be a lot more expensive to print.
- ISBN: Provide your manuscript with all required information like ISBN so we add it to your copyright page during the design process.
- Printer: We need to know your choice of printer in order to produce your final book print-ready PDF with their information (name, address, contact info, and website).
The Design Entails …
- Frontmatter and backmatter;
- Layout: Set margins, columns, pagination, and running headers to create a stylish arrangement that works for the trim and binding;
- Structure: Design a scheme for front matter, sections, chapters, and heading levels;
- Image insertion: Image insertion up to 10 images, more 10 images it’s Ksh.200/$2.00 USD per image;
- Style: Select fonts, chapter opening pages to set the tone for the author, and book genre; and
- Table of Contents: Include fully dynamic list of contents, figures, and tables to make locating material as easy as possible for your reader.