TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last updated: April 15, 2021
This page describes Mystery Publisher’s policy on shipping and refunds for all products purchased through Mystery Books and Mystery eBooks stores. Contact us with any queries that are not addressed here.
If you do not accept these User Terms, you are kindly requested not to use the Website any further.
- All our prices are in Kenya Shillings. However, our payment gateway accepts other currencies. It will convert your currency to Kenya Shillings as per the prevailing exchange rates.
- For orders not processed on the Site, Lipa na M-Pesa is available to Paybill No. 909534.
- Shipping/postage charges for goods delivered within Kenya is Ksh. 300. For the rest of the world, we will evaluate your order first for shipping charges.
- Mystery Publishers will not provide one shipping cost to orders that are split between multiple shipping addresses.
- Goods within Kenya will be shipped within 24 working hours after receipt and clearance of an order and 48 working hours to the rest of the world.
- Shipping times can be affected by factors including, but not limited to, incorrect delivery addresses, weather, courier and customs delays and Post Office delivery restrictions.
- Please check your shipping address for accuracy, Mystery Publishers will not be responsible for receiving and processing an order with an incorrect shipping address.
- Local customs and immigration agencies determine any duties or taxes that may be levied against packages arriving from outside the destination country. These additional fees are the responsibility of the recipient.
- Free shipping is available on all orders above Ksh. 2,000 with a shipping address within Kenya and international orders more than Ksh.10, 000.00. Local Pickup is available for orders within Kenya if the customer so wishes (write a note to accompany your order indicating your physical location for the pickup to be organized).
You’re eligible for a refund within 14 days after the date of delivery if you’re dissatisfied with your purchase due to an error on our part or if the product doesn’t arrive.
Incorrect Product / Not As Described / Damaged
You are eligible for a full refund of the purchase price, including original shipping costs, only if your return is a result of an error on our part. To receive a refund, you must return your item directly to us within 7 days of the estimated delivery date and in the same condition you received it in
Product Did Not Arrive
You are eligible for a full refund of the purchase price, including shipping costs, if your product hasn’t arrived 30 days past the estimated delivery date. If the shipper/courier provides tracking information indicating the book has arrived, the return is void.
In cases where the product is returned to us for any of the following reasons, the refund price includes product price only: incomplete address, unclaimed, returned to sender, or similar.
OTHER TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Returned items should be unused and must be returned in original packaging with any enclosed documentation. We will issue a full refund on receipt, excluding the original delivery charge. Alternatively, if preferred, we will exchange the item.
- The item is your responsibility until it reaches us. Therefore, for your own protection, we recommend that you send the parcel using a delivery service that insures you for the value of the goods.
- Delivery charges are only refundable where goods are faulty and a refund is made.
- The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility.
- There are no refunds on items damaged in shipping. In that case, you must file a claim with the carrier.
- We do not refund shipping costs, PayPal/MPesa or credit card and other transactions fees. They will be deducted from the total amount of your refund.
- For bulk/mass international orders (outside Kenya), the client will be required to contact Mystery Publishers before making an order for a shipping fee estimate
CUSTOMER REVIEWS POLICY
You may submit a customer review on any of our products you purchase. We use a third party reviews service provider, cusrev.com. By submitting a review you are expressing acceptance of these Terms and Conditions for Reviewers.
By submitting any review to Mystery Publishers, you represent and warrant that:
- you are the sole author and owner of the intellectual property rights thereto;
- all “moral rights” that you may have in such content have been voluntarily waived by you;
- all content that you post is accurate;
- you are at least 18 years old; and
You further agree and warrant that you shall not submit any content:
- that is known by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- that infringes any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- that violates any law, statute, ordinance or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination or false advertising);
- that is, or may reasonably be considered to be, defamatory, libellous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership or corporation;
- for which you were compensated or granted any consideration by any third party;
- that includes any information that references other websites, addresses, email addresses, contact information or phone numbers; or
- that contains any computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.
You agree to indemnify and hold Mystery Publishers Limited (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures, employees and third-party service providers, including but not limited to CusRev), harmless from all claims, demands, and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of a breach of your representations and warranties set forth above, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party. You agree to compensate us and our respective directors, officers, employees, and applicable third parties in full from and against all third party claims, liabilities, losses and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) suffered by such persons arising out of, or related to or which may arise from Your Content and/or any breach by You of any term of these Terms and Conditions.
For any content that you submit, you grant Mystery Publishers Limited a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use, copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such content and/or incorporate such content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world without compensation to you.
All content that you submit may be used at Mystery Publishers’ sole discretion. Mystery Publishers reserves the right to change, condense or delete any content on Mystery Publishers website that Mystery Publishers deems, in its sole discretion, to violate the content guidelines or any other provision of these Terms. Mystery Publishers does not guarantee that you will have any recourse through Mystery Publishers to edit or delete any content you have submitted. Ratings and written comments are generally posted as soon as possible. However, Mystery Publishers reserves the right to remove or to refuse to post any submission for any reason. You acknowledge that you, not Mystery Publishers, are responsible for the contents of your submission. None of the content that you submit shall be subject to any obligation of confidence on the part of Mystery Publishers, its agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners or third party service providers and their respective directors, officers and employees.
By submitting your email address in connection with your rating and review, you agree that Mystery Publishers and its third party service providers may use your email address to contact you about the status of your review and other administrative purposes.