Mystery Publishers Limited, a premier Pan-African indie pop/genre literature publisher of choice, offers publishing services to authors who want to spice up African literature through trade/mass market books.
We are seeking to recruit a dedicated, professional, and highly skilled freelance book marketers/publicists. The following are the genres that we publish:
- fiction (novels – romance, crime, fantasy, etc),
- flash fiction,
- short stories,
- poetry, and
- non-fiction (all sub-genres except spiritual and educational books).
Summary of the Position
Mystery Publishers has not been marketing author books published. However, we would like to be working with professional marketers and publicists to market author works to assist the author in the marketing, sales, and promotion of their work.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Book Marketer/Publicist will be responsible for book marketing and promotion pre- and post-publication. This is not a permanently paid position and the Book Marketer/Publicist will be paid from the sales gained from the marketing and promotion packages purchased by the authors.
The Book Marketer shall develop marketing and publicising packages for authors to choose from. The Marketer/Publicist shall share with the Publisher 50/50 from the packages’ revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop different book marketing packages to be sold to authors by the publisher.
- Organise for and schedule book signing events in leading bookstores and other venues for the author.
- Create and build marketing campaigns tailored to the specific book and market.
- Write and create a unique and personalised press release for author books prior to release or book launch.
- Contact media outlets (radio stations, TV stations, and newspapers) with the press release and other materials as needed.
- Organise for and produce book and TV commercial trailers for the author book and get the trailers run on selected nationwide television. (The Publicist to produce a list of networks they have worked with.)
- Act as an agent to sell subsidiary rights (TV, film, foreign rights, etc.) on the author work.
- Contact renowned social media influencers to market the author works.
- Search and organise for speaking opportunities and events for authors.
- Education—certificate/diploma/degree in sales and marketing, public relations, media management, business management, or any other related field.
- Writing—have good strategic writing skills for goal-oriented high-quality public relations and media writing.
- Time Management—managing time well so as to meet scheduled timelines and deliver expected results.
- Coordination—coordinating and working with the writer, publisher, and other key players in book marketing and promotion.
- Negotiation skills—to successfully negotiate subsidiary rights sales for the author books.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action.
Knowledge and Experience
- Legal—knowledge of the copyright law and books and author rights.
- Media—knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Managing of high profile persons/celebrities (added advantage).
- Negotiating business deals.
The interested persons should have access to Internet.
Interested persons to send in:
- application letter,
- testimonials, and
- sample marketing proposals already done.
Deadline for Application: 31 July 2021