Traditional Publishing Guidelines
- We offer traditional publishing for select manuscripts only.
- Every manuscript that is sent requires a maximum of twelve weeks to be properly assessed and evaluated. After a manuscript is assessed, the author is sent (a) written report(s), or is contacted via email/phone to discuss the work, or be asked to react in writing to the report(s). We are, however, under no obligation to give assessment reports.
- If the manuscript has been selected, it is discussed by our Editorial Team where a collective decision on whether to publish it is made. Rejected manuscripts in this case will be immediately sent back to the authors, even if they have good evaluation reports.
- If a manuscript is accepted for publication, the author will be contacted to sign a publishing contract. Details of agreement are laid down, and if both parties are satisfied with the terms, the manuscript is then produced as a book. The details of such a contractual agreement are, however, not discussed until the manuscript has been officially accepted for publication. It is also important to note that no monetary transactions are required for publishing the book.
- The must be fully prepared as per Mystery Publishers Manuscript Prep Guide.
- If the book has references, they must be cited well using the APA style.
- Give a brief description in one or two paragraphs, including its uniqueness.
- Prepare a two-page synopsis of the book.
- Prepare, if your book requires, all necessary documents like photographs, maps, glossaries, or references.
Tell us: Who is your core market? Is it a pre-primary school textbook/reader, primary school textbook/reader, secondary school textbook/reader, tertiary/university textbook/reader/reference book, general book on travel, leisure, humour, cookery, environment or creative writing fact/fiction? What is the best distribution channel for your book? School/university/general library, bookshops or gift shops?
The book/work MUST be complete before contacting us for publishing.
Send us a few chapters (at least five) that you have written for us to assess the content and your writing style so as to know how much editorial intervention would be required in case
your work is accepted.
Include your current CV or brief biography of your writing, educational background, and experience. Also include your current photograph. List any books that you have published and any other relevant information that qualifies you to write this book.
Allow a maximum of 12 weeks for the manuscript evaluation and review process. We will contact you as soon as we have thoroughly examined your manuscript.