Our Editing Services
Mystery Publishers editors offer great value book editing, proofreading, and manuscript assessment services for authors.
Our editors edit manuscripts using the track changes function of Microsoft Word. This function allows you to move easily between changes and accept any or all of the modifications proposed by the editor. Suggestions and comments are shown in the margin and are easy to accept into your work.
We return two copies of your work—a track changes version and a clean copy with all the changes already incorporated.
Cost: Ksh. 0.13 ($.0.0013 USD) per word
Basic service includes:
- proofreading for spelling mistakes and typos,
- checking punctuation,
- inconsistent punctuation
- awkward grammar.
Cost: Ksh. 0.19 ($0.0019USD) per word
In-depth, intense, thorough, comprehensive edit tackling the manuscript line by line. The editor cuts down on wordiness and tightens the language to create a more enjoyable read. This type of edit hunts down clumsy or awkward sentences that take away from the rhythm of your prose.
Includes everything on the Basic Editing package, as well as:
- help you with the overall structure of your manuscript,
- plot development: checks for inconsistency within the story. This includes character description, plot points, and setting. Does each character stay true to his own description throughout the story? Are there conflicting descriptions of the house? For example, have you described the setting as “a yellow brick home” on one page but “a weathered wooden home” on another page?
- word choice,
- ensure your story has clear narrative,
- factual checks,
- Checks for technical consistency in spelling, capitalization, font usage, numerals, hyphenation. For example, is it e-mail on page 26 and email on page 143? Or do you use both British and American English spelling variations interchangeably, such as favourite vs. favorite?
- Checks for continuity errors and makes sure that all loose ends are tied,
- Checks for potential legal liability. The editor verifies that your manuscript does not libel others,
- offer research help to ensure situations and scenes are believable.
Kindly, submit your manuscript when it is fully complete.