Who We Are ...
Mystery Publishers Limited (MPL) is a Kenyan author-focused self-publishing company offering publishing of genre fiction/pop literature; snazzy, fast-paced stories for entertainment with the aim of improving reading culture in Africa.
MPL started in 2015 as a subsidiary of Mystery Technologies Ltd, an ICT company located in the Western Kenya. It was incorporated in 2016.
Being an online self-publishing company with team members scattered all over the world, MPL does not have a physical location yet. The team makes use of the power of the Internet to constantly communicate with clients and deliver quality services.
Mystery Books, an imprint of MPL, offers digital-only publishing services and book sales.
To be the Africa’s top pop/genre literature publisher of choice.
To create opportunities for New-Age African Writers through publishing pop literature with the aim of improving reading culture.
We aim to publish pop/genre literature books just for entertainment.
- To entertain readers and book lovers through novels, poetry and short stories on the go on their mobile devices
- To publish works that readers can really identify with
- To introduce eBooks to the digital-savvy people
- To publish the thrillingest stories around for entertainment as opposed to the traditional themes of war, colonialism, African suffering, etc that has dominated African writing
- To network with other publishers to support digital books
- To create opportunities for the New Age African writers to showcase their work